Void outside the 50 United States, District of Columbia and where prohibited. Do not proceed to enter if you are not at least 18 years of age, a legal resident of, and located within, one of the 50 United States, or the District of Columbia, at the time of entry. By participating, you agree to be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of the Sponsor, which are binding and final in all matters relating to this contest. U.S. law governs this sweepstakes.
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
1. ELIGIBILITY: This Sweepstakes is sponsored by Straus Newspapers, Inc., 20 West Avenue, Chester, NY 10918 ("Sponsor"). The Promotion is open to any legal resident of the 50 United States and the District of Columbia, 18 years of age or older. Employees of Sponsor and any other organizations affiliated with the sponsorship, fulfillment, administration, prize support, advertisement or promotion of the Sweepstakes and each of their respective parents, agents, affiliates, subsidiaries, and advertising and promotion agencies, and their immediate family members (regardless of where they reside) or household members, whether or not related, are not eligible to enter or win. "Immediate family members" shall mean spouses, parents, step-parents, children, step-children, siblings, step-siblings, and their respective spouses. "Household members" shall mean people who share the same residence at least three months a year. Any person who has been selected as a prize winner and agreed to accept such prize in any sweepstakes or contest sponsored by Sponsor during the six (6) month period immediately preceding the start date of the entry period of this Promotion is ineligible to win a prize in this This Sweepstakes. Void where prohibited by law.
2. ENTRY PERIOD: Will be detailed for each promotion
3. HOW TO ENTER:
General Entry Terms and Conditions: Entries must be submitted by the dates and times specified to be eligible. Entries will not be acknowledged or returned. By submitting your Entry, you agree that your Entry conforms to these Official Rules and that Sponsor, in its sole discretion, may disqualify your Entry for any reason, including if it determines, in its sole discretion, that your Entry fails to conform to these Official Rules in any way or otherwise contains unacceptable content as determined by Sponsor, in its sole discretion. Entry times will be determined using Sponsor's computer located at 20 West Ave., Chester, NY which will be the official clock for the This Sweepstakes. Normal time rates, if any, charged by the entrant's Internet or mobile service provide will apply. All entries are subject to verification at any time. Proof of submission does not constitute proof of entry. Sponsor will have the right, in its discretion, to require proof of identity and/or eligibility in a form acceptable to Sponsor (including, without limitation, government-issued photo identification). Failure to provide such proof to the satisfaction of Sponsor in a timely manner may result in disqualification. By submitting an Entry, entrant hereby grants permission for the Entry to be promoted by Sponsor including in its publications, on its websites, and in other media. Entrant agrees that Released Parties (as defined below) are not responsible for any unauthorized use of Entries by third parties. LIMIT: One (1) Entry per person. Entries received from any person in excess of the above-stated limitation will be void.
4. WINNER SELECTION: Each promotion will have its own winner selection.
5. WINNER NOTIFICATION: Potential winners will be notified via email (sent to the e-mail address provided by the entrant when entering), mail and/or telephone, in Sponsor's discretion. If a potential winner cannot be reached within seventy-two (72) hours of the initial e-mail or telephone notification attempt (Sponsor reserves the right not to leave messages on voice mail or answering machines), or fails to respond to any notification attempt within the time period specified by Sponsor, then the potential winner may be disqualified and an alternate winner may, at Sponsor's discretion, be selected from among the remaining eligible entries as outlined in these Official Rules (in which case the foregoing procedures will apply to such newly-selected entrant). If potential winner is a minor under the laws of his or her state of residency, the prize may be awarded in the name of the winner's parent or legal guardian, who must complete any required promotion documentation. Each potential winner may be required to complete and return an Affidavit of Eligibility, W9 Form and/or Release of Liability/Publicity within seven (7) days of attempted delivery of same. If a potential winner fails to complete and return any required documentation within seven (7) days of attempted delivery of same, or if any attempted notification or prize delivery is returned as undeliverable, or if a potential winner does not otherwise comply with these Official Rules and/or cannot accept the prize as awarded for any reason, then the potential winner may be disqualified and an alternate winner may, at Sponsor's discretion, be selected from among the remaining eligible entries as outlined in these Official Rules (in which case the foregoing procedures will apply to such newly-selected entrant).
6. PRIZES: Odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received.
Prizes are awarded "as is" with no warranty or guarantee express or implied by Sponsor. Winners may not substitute, assign or transfer prize or redeem prize for cash, but Sponsor reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to substitute a prize (or portion thereof) with one of comparable or greater value. Winners are responsible for all applicable federal, state and local taxes, if any, as well as any other costs and expenses associated with prize acceptance and use not specified herein as being provided. All prize details are at Sponsor's sole discretion. The awarding of any prize is contingent upon full compliance with these Official Rules.
7. PRIVACY: When you register for this Sweepstakes, we may collect personally identifying information about you, including your name, complete mailing address, and email address. The information that you provide will be added to a centralized Sponsor database and you will simultaneously be registered for Sponsor's other websites as well. By entering and providing the required registration information, you acknowledge that Sponsor may send you information, samples, or special offers it believes may be of interest to you about its publications or other complementary goods offered by Sponsor. Sponsor may also include your name and postal address in postal address lists that Sponsor sells or rents to third parties for marketing purposes. Your email address will not be sold or rented to third parties. IF YOU DO NOT WISH TO SHARE YOUR INFORMATION, PLEASE DO NOT ENTER THIS CONTEST.
8. GRANT OF RIGHTS: By entering, each entrant grants permission to Straus Newspapers, and any Advertising Sponsors of the Promotion, their agencies, parent companies, affiliates and subsidiaries, the successors of each of the foregoing, and the agents and licensees of each of the foregoing (all of them, collectively, the “Licensed Parties”), to use the entrant’s name, likeness, voice and biographical information for purposes of advertising and trade and other commercial purposes, worldwide, in perpetuity, in all media and formats whether now or later known or developed, without further notice or compensation, unless prohibited by law.
9. RELEASE AND LIMITATION OF LIABILITY: By entering, each entrant releases and agrees to hold each of the Licensed Parties, all other companies involved in the development or operation of any Sweepstakes and each of their successors and the directors, officers, employees and assigns of each of the foregoing (collectively, the “Released Parties”), harmless from and against any and all claims and liability
arising out of the entrant’s participation in any Sweepstakes, the operation of any Sweepstakes, the acceptance or use of a prize or the use of the entrant’s name, likeness, voice and/or biographical information as permitted hereunder, including without limitation any and all claims and liabilities (a) relating to any personal injury, death or property damage or loss sustained by any entrant or any other person or (b) based upon any allegation of violation of the right of privacy or right of publicity, misappropriation or violation of any other personal or proprietary right. Entrants assume all liability for any injury or damage caused, or claimed to be caused, by participation in any promotion or use of a prize. The Released Parties are not responsible for any typographical or other error in the printing of the offer, administration of any Sweepstakes or in the announcement of any prize, and are not responsible for late, lost, delayed, illegible, damaged, corrupted, postage-due or incomplete entries, incorrect or inaccurate capture of, damage to, or loss of entries or entry information, or any other human, mechanical or technical errors of any kind relating to the operation of the Website, communications or attempted communications with any entrant, the submission, collection, storage and/or processing of entries or the administration of the Sweepstakes.
10. GENERAL RULES: Sponsor reserves the right to modify these Official Rules or to modify, suspend or terminate any or all Sweepstakes at any time in its discretion. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify or prohibit from participating in any or all Sweepstakes any individual who, in Sponsor’s discretion, Sponsor determines or believes (i) has tampered with the entry process or has undermined the legitimate operation of the Website or any Sweepstakes by cheating, hacking, deception or other unfair practices, (ii) has engaged in conduct that annoys, abuses, threatens or harasses any other entrants or any representative of Sponsor, or (iii) has attempted or intends to attempt any of the foregoing. CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT BY AN ENTRANT TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEBSITE ASSOCIATED WITH THIS PROMOTION OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THIS PROMOTION IS A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAW. SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES (INCLUDING ATTORNEYS’ FEES) FROM ANY SUCH INDIVIDUAL TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW. The use of agents or automated devices, programs or methods to submit entries is prohibited and Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any entry that it believes may have been submitted using such an automated device, program or method. In the event of a dispute regarding who submitted an entry, entries will be deemed to have been submitted by the authorized account holder of the email address submitted at the time of entry. “Authorized account holder” is defined as the person who is assigned an email address by an internet provider, online service provider or other organization (e.g., business, educational institute, etc.) that is responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted email address. An entrant may be required to provide proof (in a form acceptable to Sponsor – including, without limitation, government issued photo identification) that he/she is the authorized account holder of the email address associated with the entry in question. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel, modify or suspend any Sweepstakes and/or to adjust any of the dates or time periods set forth herein should a virus, bug, entrant fraud or misconduct or other cause beyond the control of Sponsor corrupt or jeopardize the administration, integrity, security or proper operation of any Sweepstakes, or for purposes of verifying compliance by any entrant with these Official Rules or if for any reason Sponsor is not able to conduct any Sweepstakes as planned (including without limitation in the event the operation of any Sweepstakes is interfered with by any fire, flood, epidemic, earthquake, explosion, labor dispute or strike, act of God or of public enemy, communications failure, riot or civil disturbance, war (declared or undeclared), terrorist threat or activity, federal, state or local law, order or regulation or court order). In the event of termination of any Sweepstakes, a notice will be posted and a random drawing to award each prize will be conducted from among all eligible entries received prior to the time of termination. All federal, state and local laws and regulations apply. All entries become the property of Sponsor and will not be verified or returned. By participating in any Sweepstakes, entrants agree to be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of Sponsor, which are final and binding in all respects. These Official Rules may not be reprinted or republished in any way without the prior written consent of Sponsor.
11. DISPUTES: By entering any Sweepstakes, each entrant agrees that, to the maximum extent permitted by applicable law, (a) any and all disputes, claims, and causes of action arising out of or connected with any Sweepstakes, or the acceptance and/or use of any prize, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action (Note: Some jurisdictions do not allow restricting access to class actions. This provision will not apply to you if you live in such a jurisdiction); (b) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering any Sweepstakes, but in no event attorneys' fees; and (c) under no circumstances will any entrant be permitted to obtain any award for, and entrant hereby waives all rights to claim, punitive, special, incidental or consequential damages and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules or the rights and obligations of the entrants and Sponsor in connection with any Sweepstakes shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of New York in the United States of America without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules or provisions that would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the State of New York. Any legal proceedings arising out of this Promotion or any Sweepstakes or relating to these Official Rules shall be instituted only in the federal or state courts located in the State of New York, waiving any right to trial by jury, and each entrant consents to jurisdiction therein with respect to any legal proceedings or disputes of whatever nature arising under or relating to these rules or any Sweepstakes. In the event of any conflict between these Official Rules and any Promotion information provided elsewhere (including but not limited in advertising or marketing materials), these Official Rules shall prevail.
12. WINNERS’ NAME AND RULES REQUESTS: For winners' names, send a separate, self-addressed, stamped envelope to:
20 West Ave., Chester, NY 10918. Vermont residents may omit return postage.
13. SPONSOR: Straus Newspapers, Inc., 20 West Ave., Chester, NY 10918
Start:October 02, 2017 @ 01:55 pm (US/Eastern)
End:November 09, 2017 @ 01:55 pm (US/Eastern)
Start:October 02, 2017 @ 01:55 pm (US/Eastern)
End:October 30, 2017 @ 12:00 pm (US/Eastern)
Start:October 02, 2017 @ 01:55 pm (US/Eastern)
End:October 30, 2017 @ 12:00 pm (US/Eastern)
Entries could win tickets to Wicked on Broadway.